Technology doesn’t change the world. People do.
As a technology firm, we can’t think of a more fitting mantra. We’re extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Do you love tackling problems head-on? Do you enjoy coming up with creative solutions to a business’ pain points? Are you constantly updating your knowledge of hardware and software trends and advancements? If you answered “yes” to those questions, you’ll fit in well with our company. We run a fast-paced, but casual office in a supportive atmosphere. You will be a critical member of our small IT team and you’ll wear lots of hats and gain plenty of valuable experience.
With continued significant growth in adoption and usage of the Conexiom Cloud Service worldwide, ecmarket is looking for a capable, self-motivated IT Systems Administrator.
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for the network and server infrastructure, as well as technical support of business applications for clients with diverse requirements. The IT Systems Administrator must ensure high availability of all critical systems and network infrastructure through the use of monitoring and support tools as well as best practices. Work hours are primarily Monday-Friday; however, some after hours work (in person, via telephone or remotely) is required as part of our IT support services. This position is based in Vancouver, BC.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administration of corporate IT infrastructure, including firewalls, network switches, physical and virtual servers, and network storage devices
- Administration of VMware vSphere, Active Directory, Office 365 , MS Exchange, Corporate Backups
- Ensure data protection and recoverability for all supported systems
- Server installation, maintenance, updates, documentation and support
- Business application installation, maintenance, updates, documentation and support
- Monitor IT systems and respond to security or usability concerns
- Take ownership of ensuring help desk requests and IT projects/initiatives are completed
- Create and update documentation for all IT related systems
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support for system availability and client support
- Work independently and in a group to manage full scope of responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Relevant Post-Secondary degree
- 5+ years experience in corporate IT systems administration
- 5+ years in-depth experience with Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 Server
- 5+ years in-depth experience with Active Directory, including user account management, GPO, DNS, DHCP
- 3+ years in-depth experience with managing VMware vSphere infrastructure
- 3+ years experience with enterprise level backup (experience with Veeam backup is a plus)
- 3+ years experience with Office 365 and hosted MS Exchange
- 3+ years experience managing corporate firewall (experience with Fortinet firewall is a plus)
- 3+ years experience managing corporate network switches (experience with Cisco Nexus switches is a plus)
- Driven to conquer challenges with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and documentation skills
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Administering enterprise anti-virus solutions,
- Administering enterprise monitoring systems,
- Administering Linux server operating systems, or
- Work experience with a company delivering 24x7x365 worldwide services