Technology doesn’t change the world. People do.
As a technology firm, we can’t think of a more fitting mantra. We’re extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Do you love tackling problems head-on? Do you enjoy coming up with creative solutions to a business’ pain points? Are you constantly updating your knowledge of hardware and software trends and advancements? If you answered “yes” to those questions, you’ll fit in well with our company. We run a fast-paced but casual office in a supportive atmosphere. You will be a critical member of our IT team and you’ll wear lots of hats and gain plenty of valuable experience.
With continued significant growth in adoption and usage of the Conexiom Cloud Service worldwide, Conexiom is looking for a capable, self-motivated Junior IT Support Specialist.
This is a full-time position responsible for providing general IT support, as well as performing activities pertaining to Information Technology under the direction of the IT Operations Manager. The candidate is expected to have knowledge in the areas of information technology. This position will also assist with other projects as required. Work hours are primarily Monday-Friday; however, some after hours work (in person, via telephone or remotely) is required as part of our IT support services. This position is based in Vancouver, BC.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking IT technical assistance and support.
- Provide IT technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or remotely by email, over the phone or using remote access tools.
- Manage requests via IT service desk software that involves tracking, follow-up and closure of incidents.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of IT support personnel.
- Onboarding and offboarding employees
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, and upgrade hardware/software related to the user desktops, laptops, peripherals and mobile devices.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support
- Other duties as required.
- 1-2 years of proven experience as an IT support technician or other customer support role.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered.