We are seeking a CFO to become an integral part of our team. This is a great opportunity to come in and be an active part of the growth and leadership of ecmarket. The perfect candidate has experience working in the accounting department of a SaaS company and a do what it takes attitude to drive the company to further success. Your work will have an immediate and tangible impact every day in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing company.
- Manage our monthly financial close and provide closed financial statements to management and the board.
- Develop quarterly, annual, and long term financial plans and forecasts.
- Develop and track key operating and financial metrics, especially around a SaaS revenue model.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to plan and recommend strategies to keep the business on plan.
- Responsible for contract management, invoicing, and collections operations.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for best practice execution consistent with the company’s operating goals.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage monthly budgets with department heads. Report to management on variances from the established budget and the reasons for those variances.
- Coordinate with outside supporting contractors, auditors, bankers and shareholders, as needed.
- Oversee the company’s equity plan and compensation guidelines for each department.
- Assist in determining product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management.
- Oversee core legal, tax, and other responsibilities, working with our contracted service providers, when necessary.
- Facilitate and lead annual financial statement audits, serving as liaison between external auditors and the CEO/Board of Directors.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven financial operating experience in a growth-stage computer software company.
- Able to manage, guide, and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles, especially SaaS.
- Strong experience in income statement analysis.
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
- Ability to manage, motivate and mentor a team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.